OWC®, the premier zero-emissions Mac and PC technology company, and a respected provider of Memory, External Drives, SSDs, Mac & PC Docking Solutions, Network Attached Storage, and Performance Upgrade Kits, today announces the all-new OWC Accelsior 8M2. The OWC Accelsior 8M2 brings impressive speed and storage capacity to 2019 Mac Pros, Windows or Linux computers, and PCIe expansion systems. It utilizes the total bandwidth of the latest PCIe technology and has a highly efficient heat dissipating design to provide ultra-reliable speeds up to 26,000MB/s. Creating the fastest PCIe SSD meant combining bold engineering with the latest technology. Each OWC Accelsior 8M2’s eight NVMe M.2 SSD slots can run at their full x4 lanes of data throughput. All that insanely fast speed through an entire PCIe 4.0 x16 lane architecture with up to 64TB of storage.
The OWC Accelsior 8M2 offers total performance gains in so many diverse ways that it lets you create without limits:
- Edit and playback 16 streams of 8K ProRes444 without a glitch
- Keep page scenery and textures looking sharp and flowing uninterruptedly in virtual reality environments
- Experiment with larger formats and be closer to final work
- Ensure augmented reality visualizations look life-like
- Edit and store massive photo images and graphics files
- Experience faster previews, renders, and processing in VFX programs
- Effortlessly store and work with multiple production libraries and applications
- Run more iterations in DevOps in less time
- Quickly offload essential data to cloud archives for more advanced IoT management
As a high-performance NVMe-based storage solution, the OWC Accelsior 8M2 delivers the consistent low latency data throughput required in edge computing applications such as industrial automation, smart city ecosystems, and smart retail solutions. It feeds CPUs and GPUs huge amounts of data lightning-fast for real-time predictive analytics. With 60% of storage professionals using NVMe SSDs to process large data sets generated at the edge, OWC Accelsior 8M2 is more than a competitive advantage. And to ensure OWC Accelsior 8M2 keeps running at peak speed for the long haul, there’s a quiet cooling fan in the aircraft-grade aluminum heat shield. There are no compromises, just the ultra-reliable performance that Mac and PC users have come to depend on from OWC storage solutions.
"We are always trying to push technology to the limits, and with the OWC Accelsior 8M2, can be summed up in one definitive sentence," said Larry O'Connor, CEO, and Founder of OWC. "It's the fastest, highest-capacity PCIe SSD in the galaxy."
OWC Accelsior 8M2 Highlights:
- Revolutionary: The fastest drive available for 2019 Mac Pro, Windows or Linux computers
- Mind-blowing Performance: Up to 26,000MB/s real world speed
- Massive Space: Up to eight SSDs for jaw-dropping 64TB storage capacity
- Easy RAID: Create, monitor, and manage RAID arrays with SoftRAID
- Advanced RAID Capabilities: Supports multiple RAID levels and RAID sets for maximum flexibility
- Quietly Cool: Highly efficient and quiet heat-dissipating design for consistent peak performance
- Pre-tested and Certified: Full burn-in for assured performance and reliability
- Plug and Play: No drivers needed
- Worry-free: Up to 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty and lifetime support for solutions 2TB and larger
Includes SoftRAID XT: Easy and Complete Drive Management
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive software RAID utility on the market. Multiple RAID options let you select the RAID level that fits you or your project’s needs best. If you need maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes, SoftRAID has you covered. Packed with features like drive validation, verification, and failure prediction—SoftRAID includes features you don’t get with hardware RAID. It’s like having a data center on your desktop! From home users looking to protect photos and documents to professionals needing to protect and quickly access projects, SoftRAID is the perfect solution.
- Compatible: Works with macOS 11 Big Sur, M1 Macs, and Windows 10
- Advanced: Create RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10) with Macs, RAID 0/1 with Windows machines
- Protected: SoftRAID Monitor constantly watches your disks and alerts you if problems are detected
- Validated: Volume validation ensures sectors can be read and parity is correct
- Certified: Checks disks before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: Error prediction helps protect against unexpected failure
- Universal: Move SoftRAID arrays seamlessly between Macs and PCs with built-in OWC MacDrive technology
- SoftRAID provides a level of performance that you can’t get with hardware RAID. Learn more about the power of SoftRAID XT.
Your Digital Life. Protected for FREE.
Backing up and protecting your data is critically important. But all too often, it’s a task that falls to the bottom of the “to do” list, and you don’t realize it until it is too late. That’s why OWC has partnered with Acronis to give you 1 full year of the #1 personal backup and antivirus software to integrate into your workflow. Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office safeguards you from today’s data threats—from accidents to failures to attacks. With easy, intuitive backup and Ai-enhanced antimalware technology, your digital life is protected—photos, files, applications, systems, and the devices they are on.
- Complete Backup and Fast Recovery: quickly restore your files or entire system at any time
- Easy Disk Cloning and Full Image Backup: just two clicks to start a full disk image backup
- Cloud, Local, or Hybrid Cloud: back up locally, to the cloud, or both.
Pricing & Availability
The OWC Accelsior 8M2 SSD is available now at MacSales.com in capacities ranging from 0TB (add your own drives) starting at $799.00 and 2TB, 4TB, 8TB, 16TB, 32TB and 64TB models starting at $1,299.00.